Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cart Blanched

Shopping for food now requires a degree
There are so many things to assess
Are others confused or is it just me?
There are issues one has to address
Is it organic, yes that is okay
No pesticides harming our soil
But wait a minute it's flown a long way
And used up gallons of oil
Free of fat and gluten
That’s good should I assume?
But all the experts are disputin’
Which is the best to consume
The labels are too tiny to read
I’m starting to get in a rage
And what this I hear about animal feed
And calves cramped up in a cage?
I want to be healthy I want to be kind
But it seems an uphill battle
Why is a good meal a problem to find
Without worries of going mad cattle
Time’s moving on I look down at my cart
I only have packets of rice
Well of my risotto at least that’s a start
And everyone says that it's nice
But on my phone I just got a text
Saying that there’s a petition
I just don’t believe it, whatever next
It says rice workers have malnutrition?
Maybe our lunch should just be a pill
Is that such a silly suggestion
It won’t taste of much but won’t make you ill
And we’d have no need of digestion
Until that time I’ll accept defeat
Will there ever be a change?
If not I might to an island retreat
And label myself free range!

No comments:

Post a Comment